DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A GREAT HOCKEY PLAYER?
Here are some questions that you and only you must answer truthfully!
- Do you know what it takes to be a great hockey player?
- Do you just talk about being great? Or are you doing what it takes to be great on a daily basis?
- Are you warming up before each ice session?
- Are you eating the right foods to fuel your body properly?
- What are you willing to do to make it happen?
- Are you willing to do your hockey homework?
- Are you willing to sacrifice? You need to get to bed early, you need to tell your friends that you cannot make it to the movies or the mall tonight because you have early morning practice.
- Are you willing to be a leader?
- Are you willing to study hard and do all of your homework? So you are able to play hockey in high school and college?
- Are you willing to run your sprints? Shoot your pucks? And do the exercise to stay in shape?
- Are you willing to train like a hockey player?
- Are you willing to work hard on the Russian box and the slide board?
- Are you willing to be great on a consistent basis?
- Why do you want to be great? This question must be answered by you and only you. Once you have answered you will be on your way to greatness.
- Do you love Hockey? Is hockey your TRUE PASSION?
True Passion for anything is a motivator! True Passion can keep you on the correct path to success. Last but not least, have fun and love the game of hockey! There is nothing better than scoring an overtime goal to win the game for your team. There is no better compliment than the coach having confidence in you to put you out on the ice for the final shift of a close game, where it is a power play, penalty kill, or just to play even strength.
Some players want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.
DAVID JOHN BUCCI